Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Funny cat names

A lady brought in a cat she recently adopted just this past week. I chuckled when I saw the file read that the cat's name was "Lexis". As it turns out, the receptionist had not misspelled the name. The client commented that whoever had named her must have been "new money".

Incorrect spelling was much more common up at a different facility I worked in. One time I looked at a chart to find the patient's name written as expresso. Hooked on phonics for the loss I suppose.

5 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps this cat was originally named by someone who uses Lexis Nexis? Enh, probably not.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, in case you think I misspelled Muray - with only one R - I didn't. He is named after Nicholas Muray - a Hungarian photographer who photographed Frida Kahlo and was her lover for about 10 years. Thus 'Muray' to go with 'Frida'.

Sheri

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad ended up with my brother's cat Bairds (like the bread, because she needs a lot). My dad renamed her as Flea E. Bagg.

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry not "needs" alot she "kneads"

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have a cat named Princess Anya. She is a Siberian from Russian. Anya mean princess is Russian.

Anya was also the name of the very pretty vengenace demon in Buffy. Depending on how she is behaving, both names fit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home